Data Coffee commits to strong, secure, and transparent privacy practices.
We do our very best to protect your privacy and prevent misuse or abuse of your personal data.
1. Who we are
A Data Coffee is software. We provide a bot that sends 5-10 minute courses on Data & Analytics.
Our website address is: https://adatacoffee.com. It was created and is managed by an individual based in Paris, France.
A Data Coffee complies with the French Data Privacy law, which encompasses all relevant EU Data Protection Laws.
2. What information do we collect and/or process?
We gather the information essential to operate our software. To manage the chatbot from our application at app.adatacoffee.com, we collect and process specific data.
From your Slack workspace, we process data to:
- Retrieve the list of your Slack workspace users, enabling you to choose who receives our courses.
- Deliver our chat-based courses and engage with you directly through Slack.
We also process data from our customers for internal purposes, such as service provision, administration, and sending necessary communications.
Please note: We never collect/process sensitive data as this is not technically allowed through the use of the Service.
A. Type of data concerned:
When you first register for an account, and when you use the Service, we collect some data about you such as:
- Your full name,
- Your email address
- Your company name
Note: We don’t store your payment information. It is held by Stripe.
B. How we use it
A Data Coffee uses Customer Personal Data for the following general purposes:
- To identify you when you login to your account on the Service
- To enable us to operate the Service and provide it to you
- To analyze the website and the app to gather information about our visitors and users. This includes research into user demographics and behavior, with the aim of improving our content and the Service.
- To contact you about your account and provide customer support, including responding to your comments and questions
- To keep you informed about the Service, features, and others that we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us
- To understand your needs or problems, improve the features and usability of the app, and better understand and market to our customers and users.
- To keep the Service safe and secure
3. Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are small text files placed on your device to store data that can be recalled by a website you visit. Like many websites, we gather specific information through the use of “cookies,” as well as similar technologies such as single-pixel gifs and web beacons. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device until deleted) to identify when you’ve logged into the application and to track how and when you interact with it.
We also leverage the services of a few third-party applications, which may also set cookies when you are visiting our websites or using our Services.
We use these cookies for different purposes, including:
- Authentication: to remember your login status so you don’t have to log in again when navigating our website or app.
- Security: to enable and support our security features, and to help us detect malicious activity.
- Traffic management: to assist with identifying trusted web traffic.
- Performance and Remarketing: Partners who help us serve advertising on and off the Site and analytics companies may also put cookies on your device.
4. How is your information secured?
We have implemented various measures to ensure that the information is adequately protected. Please keep in mind that risk can never be eliminated but can be significantly mitigated and reduced.
Security measures include:
- Information stored on our servers is secured by our cloud provider, Amazon Web Services. They offer best-in-class security. You can view Amazon’s security features here: aws.amazon.com/security. Access to this information is highly restricted and is limited to individuals with access to our AWS account who have the necessary permissions.
- We use industry best practices to keep secure any information collected and/or transmitted to our app or website. The website and app are all secured by SSL protocol, which provides encryption to all data transmitted;
- Our servers are protected by firewalls and other methods, establishing a barrier between our trusted, secure internal network and the Internet.
- When payments are processed via credit card, we use Stripe, a third-party vendor that is compliant with the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
5. What rights you have over your data
You have the right to object to the processing and collection of your personal data, and to withdraw your consent at any time, except where otherwise determined by applicable law.
To do so, please, send us an email to email@example.com, with your first, and last name, and the name of your company.
6. Any concern?
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please contact us.